Looking for safety for your large deposits, plus CD-level rates that may compare favorably to Treasuries? Find out why thousands of safety-conscious institutional investors - businesses, nonprofits, public funds/governments - and others choose CDARS, the easiest way to access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance.
Funds placed through CDARS are deposited only in FDIC-insured banks. We act as custodian for your CDARS deposits, and the sub-custodian for CDARS deposits is The Bank of New York Mellon ('BNY Mellon'), the largest custodian in the world with total assets of more than $22 trillion. 4 Unique to CDARS. CDARS is committed to improve the lives of vulnerable people and those with complex needs arising from the ill-effects of addiction to alcohol, drugs and other psychosocial conditions.
At Taylor Bank, we make CDARS available to rate conscious individuals. You can enjoy the same benefits investors receive even without a multi-million dollar portfolio. Our accounts require a minimum balance as low as $35,000. Your account will earn competitive rates - higher than bank CDs.
CDARS offers multiple benefits to investors who want to combine the security of access to FDIC insurance with the convenience of working directly with just one financial institution.
- Peace of Mind. Using the CDARS service, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on CD investments.
- One Relationship. You work directly with our bank.
- One Rate. You negotiate one interest rate per maturity on CD investments placed through CDARS. With CDARS, there is no need to negotiate multiple rates or tally disbursements for each CD.
- One Statement. You receive one regular statement detailing your CD investments. You no longer need to manually consolidate statements are the end of each month, quarter, or year.
- No Hidden Fees. You will not be charged annual fees, subscription fees, or transaction fees for using CDARS. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- No Ongoing Collateralization. Because CDARS deposits are eligible for FDIC protection, you may not need to continually collateralize your deposits. This can eliminate the time-consuming task of tracking changing collateral values on a recurring basis.
- A Wide Variety of Maturities. Select from various maturities—ranging from 4 weeks to 260 weeks (5 years)—and choose the terms that best suit your investment needs.
- Community Investment. The full amount of your funds can support lending initiatives that strengthen your local community.1
 When deposited funds are exchanged on a dollar-for-dollar basis with other banks in the CDARS Network, our bank can use the full amount of a deposit placed through CDARS for local lending, satisfying some depositors’ local investment goals or mandates. Alternatively, with a depositor’s consent, our bank may choose to receive fee income instead of deposits from other banks. Under these circumstances, deposited funds would not be available for local lending.
CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
Taylor Bank CDARS Information
- Minimum opening deposit per account of $35,000
- Available in the following terms:
- 6 months*
- 12 months*
- 2 years*
- 3 years*
- 5 years*
*Substantial penalty for early withdraw.
Contact us to learn more!
When you have deposits at a single bank in a single ownership capacity, then you have access to up to $250,000 in FDIC insurance at that bank. But by using ICS®, the Insured Cash Sweep® service, and CDARS®, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC protection by working directly with just one bank.
Financial institutions that offer Insured Cash Sweep and/or CDARS are members of the ICS Network and/or the CDARS Network. When you place a large deposit with your bank using ICS or CDARS, that deposit is divided into amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000 and is placed in deposit accounts at other ICS Network or CDARS Network banks. Funds are placed into demand deposit accounts (using the ICS demand option), money market deposit accounts (using the ICS savings option), or into CDs (using CDARS). By placing your funds in increments below the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000, both principal and interest are eligible for FDIC insurance.
Cdars Interest Rates
By working directly with just one participating bank, you can access FDIC coverage from many. And you can enjoy the convenience of receiving one monthly statement per service from your bank.
Cdars Money Market
When you're ready to take advantage of Insured Cash Sweep and/or CDARS, there are five easy steps to get started.
You sign an ICS Deposit Placement Agreement (ICS DPA) and a custodial agreement. Casino org twitter freeroll.
You identify an existing transaction account (or set up a new one) to be used with each ICS option.
Funds are placed into deposit accounts at other ICS Network institutions using ICS in accordance with the ICS DPA.
Using an online tool specially developed for ICS, you can see where your funds are at all times along with balances and other important information.
You receive a monthly statement from your bank detailing ICS account activity.
You sign an CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement (CDARS DPA) and a custodial agreement.
You deposit money with your bank.
Funds are placed using CDARS, and your CDs are issued by other CDARS Network institutions in accordance with the CDARS DPA.
You receive confirmation of your CDs from your bank.
You receive a monthly statement from your bank detailing CDARS account activity.